A swelling or feeling of fullness in the abdomen.
Bloating is usually the result of gas in the intestines and can be caused by many things, including overeating, lactose intolerance, and constipation. It might be as simple as eating too much too fast, or you could have a food intolerance or other condition that causes gas and digestive contents to build up. Bloating feels incredibly uncomfortable full and can be described as a feeling that there is a balloon in your belly. Often times, bloating will go away on its own.
If you’re part of the 30% of the global population that suffers from IBS and struggle with bloating, read on to find out what’s causing it, making it worse and some easy ways to relive the uncomfortability associated with it.
What else causes bloating?
- Swallowing air (this can happen when you chew gum, smoke, or eat too fast)
- Reflux (GERD)
- Weight gain
- Menstruation (in some women)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Food allergies / intolerances
- Gut disbiosis
- Unhealthy diet
- Medications e.g. antibiotics
The following quick tips may help people to get rid of a bloated belly quickly
- Go for a walk
- Try yoga pose
- Try abdominal massage
- Use essential oils
- Take a warm bath, soaking, and relaxing
- Avoid the foods that are known to cause gas (cabbage, brussels sprouts, turnips, beans, and lentils)
- Avoid chewing gum
- Avoid using straws for drinking
- Reduce or avoid drinking carbonated drinks
- Reduce or avoid eating and drinking foods that include fructose or sorbitol (these artificial sweeteners are often found in sugar-free foods)
- Eat slowly
- Eat more foods high in fibre to prevent constipation
- Avoid dairy products if you notice they cause gas and bloating
- Quit smoking
- Take a premium, natural fibre supplement
These days, rising carbon dioxide levels are making our food less nutritious, robbing key crops of vitamins essential to human development - especially fibre. That’s why supplements are almost necessary to assist our bodies in key functions.
Not sure where to start looking in the ocean of supplements on the shelves of your local Dis-chem? Don’t worry, we’ve found the best natural fibre supplement on the market. Say hello to Klean.
Klean has formulated an incredible 3-Step Kleanse that eliminates toxins, nourishs and revitalises your body from the inside out. And when it comes to a fibre powerhouse, all eyes are on Klean+ Gut Cleansing Powder (the Gut Powder is the 1st Step in the 3-Step Kleanse but all three products are stand alone hits when it comes to gut health and balance!)
The Klean+ Gut Powder includes superfood ingredients such as Psyllium Husk, Senna Leaf, MCT, potent digestive enzymes and fiber-rich prebiotics. This supplement is ideal for cleaning your digestive system, while proliferating a happy microbiome to support a healthy functioning metabolism.
What benefits can you expect to experience when taking Klean+
- Encourages enhanced digestion
- Feeds a healthy microbiome
- Scrubs digestive tracts
- Decreases constipation
- Assists with bloating
- Increases stool size and weight and softens it
- Reduces calorie absorption
- Aids in digestion
- Removes toxins from the body and skin
- Supports organ health
- Detoxifies your body
- Assists with regularity
- Encourages stubborn fat loss
Say goodbye to bloating and the painful symptoms of an inflamed that include bloating, gas and constipation. Klean’s premium, natural ingredients promote ultimate healing!